Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-02-24 19:01
(3707 d 14:52 ago)

Posting: # 12482
Views: 9,011

Phoenix 1.4 (only Win7+) [Software]

Hi all,

just had a conversation with Ana Henry/Pharsight about the next release of Phoenix – which we will see sooner or later. ;-)
XP and Vista will be dropped from the supported OSs (i.e., the new release cannot be installed on these systems); the “oldest” supported M$-OS will be Win7.

If you have to buy a new machine (like I do) double-check whether all you other stuff will still run on Win8+. Win8’s compatibility mode is not that easy as advertised and setting up a virtual machine definitely not for novices.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
jag009
★★★

NJ,
2014-02-26 17:36
(3705 d 16:17 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 12515
Views: 7,741

Phoenix 1.4 (only Win7+)

Hi Helmut!

❝ If you have to buy a new machine (like I do) double-check whether all you other stuff will still run on Win8+. Win8’s compatibility mode is not that easy as advertised and setting up a virtual machine definitely not for novices.

You like that windows 8? I tried it and I hate the interface, feels like a piece of turd...

John
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-02-26 18:20
(3705 d 15:32 ago)

@ jag009
Posting: # 12517
Views: 7,727

Phoenix 1.4 (only Win7+)

Hi John!

❝ You like that windows 8? I tried it and I hate the interface, feels like a piece of turd...

Perfect description. Win8 (and 8.1 as well) sucks. Follows Microsoft’s tradition that versions with even numbers are crap. Remember Vista? I have not decided yet whether I shall go with the “Pro” or “Ultimate” flavor of Win7 64bit. Any experiences/suggestions?

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
mittyri
★★  

Russia,
2014-02-26 19:43
(3705 d 14:09 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 12518
Views: 7,781

Phoenix 1.4 (only Win7+)

Hi Helmut!

❝ I have not decided yet whether I shall go with the “Pro” or “Ultimate” flavor of Win7 64bit. Any experiences/suggestions?

What kind of W7 Ultimate features would you like to use?

BitLocker? VHD?

Kind regards,
Mittyri
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-02-26 22:01
(3705 d 11:51 ago)

@ mittyri
Posting: # 12521
Views: 7,696

OT: Win7 flavors

Hi Mittyri,

❝ What kind of W7 Ultimate features would you like to use?

❝ BitLocker?

Nope. I’m happy with TrueCrypt.

❝ VHD?

I don’t think so. But MUI (changing the language of the GUI) is interesting. Sometimes I would like to show a screenshot in an English report only to see the buttons labeled in German. Would come handy.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
jag009
★★★

NJ,
2014-03-02 04:08
(3702 d 05:44 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 12543
Views: 7,700

Phoenix 1.4 (only Win7+)

❝ ❝ You like that windows 8? I tried it and I hate the interface, feels like a piece of turd...

❝ Perfect description. Win8 (and 8.1 as well) sucks. Follows Microsoft’s tradition that versions with even numbers are crap. Remember Vista? I have not decided yet whether I shall go with the “Pro” or “Ultimate” flavor of Win7 64bit. Any experiences/suggestions?

Windows 7 professional is sufficient for me. Yes 64 bit version so to access more memory (also I use Photoshop which really helps in 64bit). We use w7 pro in the office and I use home premium at home.

It was funny after win 8 came out and practically everyone ran to grab the 3rd party start button mod haha. I cannot stand the interface.

Vista was another disaster. So far my fav windows is 7 (so far), xp, 2000...

John
SDavis
★★  
Homepage
UK,
2014-11-03 19:05
(3455 d 14:48 ago)

@ jag009
Posting: # 13828
Views: 7,114

Phoenix 1.4 (only Win7+)

The Phoenix 1.4 release is now officially available on the Support page;

http://www.certara.com/support/product-downloads

You will need to register at Certara.com if you have not done so already. This will also give you access to our own humble forums focussed on Phoenix ;0)

Simon

Simon
Senior Scientific Trainer, Certara™
[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX-yCO5Rzag[/link]
https://www.certarauniversity.com/dashboard
https://support.certara.com/forums/
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-11-03 19:19
(3455 d 14:33 ago)

@ SDavis
Posting: # 13829
Views: 7,223

First impressions

Hi Simon,

❝ The Phoenix 1.4 release is now officially available on the Support page;

System Requirements

Phoenix 1.4 is supported for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1. Phoenix 1.4 is also supported for 64-bit versions of Windows 2008 Server R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

Minimum Hardware Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz, or a CPU of equivalent processing power
RAM: 4 gigabytes of RAM (8 gigabytes or more is recommended)
Hard drive space: 300 megabytes free

Wow, 516MB zipped. ;-)

I would appreciate if you could post (here or there) the method of keeping v1.3 while installing v1.4. I think this is useful for people who don’t want to immediately change their running system (never, never!)…

Testing: Hey, the inverse t and χ² – saves one step in the RSABE-template! Nice ‘ANOVA’-tables (similar to SAS’ GLM output). After sooo many years I don’t have to endure the ugly looks of Westlake’s symmetric CI any more. Power – for our extreme and imbalanced data­set H PHX1.4 spits out…

Power_TOST = 0.966301  (significance level = 0.0500)

…fitting nicely to my ‘Gold Standard’…

library(PowerTOST)
power2.TOST(CV=0.992664, n=c(288, 429), theta0=0.934232)
[1] 0.9663017

[image]If you generally evaluate stu­dies with EMA’s fixed ef­fects model you can change the default set­up ( the box). Although not stated, the set­up works for higher-order cross-overs as well. As a side-effect you don’t get the intra-subject CV in the output any more and have to setup a custom-transformation from the residual variance. Why?

Still:
  • Linear trapezoidal the default. :-| IMHO, lin-up/log-down is a better choice.
  • Power_TOST for the actual CV/PE. Makes Southeast Asian regulators happy and hope­fully I will not have to read “power=0.999” in Indian reports of failed studies any more. I asked Phar­sight for a field in the UI which would allow to enter a desired value (e.g., 0.95 for Pot­vin’s / Montague’s TSDs and 0.9 for Fuglsang’s). Maybe in the next release?
  • No transparent background of the plotting area in exported PNGs and EMFs possible. Always #FFFFFF. :-(
  • Only merging/joining two worksheets. In FDA’s full replicate RSABE we need three opera­tions instead of one in SAS.
In the User’s Guide p544 (p560 of the PDF) I read for replicate designs:

4. Select the Variance Structure’s Random 1 tab.
  • Formulation is automatically selected in the Random Effects field. Do not change this setting.
  • Subject is automatically selected in the Variance Blocking Variables (Subject) field. Do not change this setting.
  • Banded No-Diagonal Factor Analytic(f) is automatically selected in the Type menu. Do not change this setting.
  • 2 is automatically entered in the Number of factors (f) = field. Do not change this setting.
    :blahblah:

A user can expect that about 50% of datasets analyzed will produce a non-positive definite G matrix. This does not imply that the model-fitting is invalid, but only that a user must be careful not to over-interpret the variance estimates. The confidence interval on the formulation difference will still have the expected statistical properties.

Well, for some partial replicate design datasets one gets no convergence at all. Don’t leave users out in the rain! “Do not change this setting” is not a particular good advice because factor 1 (instead of the 2 according to FDA’s guidances) would do the job.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
101 visitors (0 registered, 101 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:53 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5