★    

India,
2013-08-13 13:03
(3901 d 20:51 ago)

Posting: # 11266
Views: 4,757

Obtaining Informed Consent [GxP / QC / QA]

Dear,

What is the process of obtaining a consent from a participant who losses consciousness or competence during the research period due to mental disorder???

and wht is the meaning of "Surrogate consent". Is surrogate and Legally Acceptable Representative (LAR) gives same meaning???

Regards,
I.Shravan

Edit: Category changed. [Helmut]
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2013-08-13 16:12
(3901 d 17:42 ago)

@ Irukulla Shravan Kumar
Posting: # 11268
Views: 3,865

Obtaining Informed Consent

Hello ISK,

❝ What is the process of obtaining a consent from a participant who losses consciousness or competence during the research period due to mental disorder???

You obtain the consent before the trial and not during it. If one of your subjects looses competence during the study I'd suggest you to discontinue her/him immediately and care for the subject rather than for the study.
Loss of competence implies different aspects, one of them being that she/he may not be able to give an informed consent. Another important aspect is that the subject may not be able to execute a voluntary withdrawal.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Dr_Dan
★★  

Germany,
2013-08-13 16:34
(3901 d 17:20 ago)

@ Irukulla Shravan Kumar
Posting: # 11269
Views: 3,868

Dear Irukulla Shravan Kumar
Please apologize but I do not understand your question.
  1. informed consent must be signed before enrolment of the subject into the study
  2. mental disorders must be excluded except that the study is in patients with mental disorders. Then losing consciousness or competence during the research period is an expected AE. Nevertheless, the subject did know that when giving his consent. A subjectś legally acceptable representative can give consent in other cases. However, I suggest to study the guideline for good clinical practice CPMP/ICH/135/95
I hope this helps.
Kind regards
Dan

Kind regards and have a nice day
Dr_Dan
Irukulla Shravan Kumar
★    

India,
2013-08-14 07:29
(3901 d 02:26 ago)

@ Dr_Dan
Posting: # 11274
Views: 3,809

dear dan,
thanking you for valuable reply.

Regards,
I.Shravan
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
88 visitors (0 registered, 88 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:55 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5