★★★

Denmark,
2013-06-08 13:07
(3974 d 09:39 ago)

Posting: # 10754
Views: 4,344

CAPAs, effectiveness of training [GxP / QC / QA]

Hi all,

I have been reading the recent warning letter to Hospira.

There are some findings relating to sterility and FDA wrote:
"Please provide a current global corrective action plan for your facilities (US and foreign sites). Include a comprehensive training module on aseptic process techniques for all employees involved in aseptic process operations and how you plan to measure the effectiveness of any training being provided."

Since I am by no means knowledgeable with cGMP (the walnut is only big enough for a wee bit of GCP and GLP) I am curious to learn how effectiveness of the traning could be evaluated in this case. As I read the letter, it has not been proven that any product was actually contaminated so I guess a measure of effectiveness of training is not a decrease in contamination rate. Would effectiveness of training in this regard then simply be to perform training and afterwards ask the trainees questions relating to the SOP and training content and predefine what a success rate is (like X correct answers out of Y questions or something)? Or would it also imply to somehow measure if they are applying the training correctly in practice? The latter would make sense to me. I assume that might somehow involve direct oversight of true production runs from QA staff?? Am I going wildly astray?

Looking forward to learning a tiny bit of cGMP from the experts here.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2013-06-08 16:59
(3974 d 05:47 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 10755
Views: 3,616

Proof of absence?

Hi ElMaestro!

❝ […] Would effectiveness of training in this regard then simply be to perform training and afterwards ask the trainees questions relating to the SOP and training content and predefine what a success rate is (like X correct answers out of Y questions or something)? Or would it also imply to somehow measure if they are applying the training correctly in practice? The latter would make sense to me. I assume that might somehow involve direct oversight of true production runs from QA staff??

Duno. As Susana Almeida recently said:

»Though it is easy to prove that an elephant is in the room – it might be very difficult to prove that an elephant is not in the room.«*

Reminds me a little bit on Russell’s teapot and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Anyhow, given the deficiencies in FDA’s warning letter, training is the least important thing they should care about.

• Actually a variant of Carl Sagan’s:
    »[The] impatience with ambiguity can be criticized in the phrase:
    absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.«

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,651 registered users;
96 visitors (0 registered, 96 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:46 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5