steady state in WinNonlin (example) [Software]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2007-04-05 19:16 (6223 d 17:38 ago) – Posting: # 634
Views: 16,897

Dear PKPDPKPD!

❝ Thanks for your instructions. However, I have two problems:

❝ 1. The version 5.01 of WinNonLin that I have do not have "Linear" function in the PK/PD/NCA Wizard.

Just looked it up in the release notes, linear models were introducted in v5.1 (23 Oct, 2006). If you have a valid license (which I assume), you may update at no costs.

❝ 2. The approach I would like to use for the assessment of steady state is repeated measures ANOVA of log concentrations instead of linear regression you are describing, since I am comparing the pre-dose concentrations in several subjects on three consecutive days.

❝ If I have one dependent variable (concentration) and subject as a random effect (??), and day as a fixed effect (???), how can I use Lin Mix to do the calculations.

OK, ANOVA is not included in WinNonlin; you will have to fight through a Linear Mixed Effects Model (which is always a little bit tricky). One hint: all effects are fixed!
Since I haven't done this myself yet, maybe another member of the forum can fill in the gap?
...or ask Pharsight's support - and be patient!

I know some colleagues are using repeated measures ANOVA; I never could understand why.
The outcome is always a yes/no result.
What if you get a significant result - would you really throw away the entire study?
If you are testing individual subjects, you have the option - providing you have stated such a procedure in the protocol - to exclude only these subjects from the evaluation since they did not reach steady state.

❝ In the linear regression while assessing the slope, should it be 95% or 90% CI?

95% since p = 1-alpha, where alpha=0.05. This is only a convention.

In BE we are only using a 90% CI, because in patients BA of the test can either be lower (5%) or higher (5%) then BA of the reference.
Therefore the individual patient's risk is kept at 5%.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,661 registered users;
77 visitors (0 registered, 77 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:54 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5