Bear: feature requests [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2010-12-09 20:57 (4885 d 22:59 ago) – Posting: # 6284
Views: 13,566

Dear D. Labes,

Fantastic suggestions. I did have the same situation (it just crashed there!) when using automatic selection algorithms (TTT/AIC/ARS with combinations). The only way to get the job done is the manual selection. Your suggestion sounds feasible. It only needs to write several screening functions for each automatic selection algorithm to scan/check the all data points by subject first, and report if the selected method is applicable for the data set. Even we can show list of subjects who cannot use the selected method. Great idea.

❝ I have some another ones, but more bullet proofs rather than new features:

❝ [cut here]

❝ Moreover: In the manual selection of time points I have observed:

❝ Sometimes the very last point could not be selected. But

❝ [cut here]

Yes. I understand. What I am doing, when selecting data points, is to try not to click the exact location of the data point (sounds weird?), especially when there are crowded data points around or when the data point is very close to zero (as Helmut said above). You can do data point selection by just clicking around the data point (it's a trick!). The display screen of the graph seems cheating on us (?). In bear, the selection of data point does not necessarily to click the exact location of data point. I don't why, but it is just like that. You can try this next time. I know it's really frustrated when you try to select data point showing in the graph and get no luck.

❝ BTW: If you have very much spare time :-D I would highly recommend to refactor the bear code. It's a nightmare to make a

Very true! I have been working on it whenever I revise it. Very sorry about this. As the matter of the fact, I always wish in my mind to invite some colleagues (you, Helmut and many others) in this Forum to together maintain bear if they are interested in coding R. However the source code of bear is really a mess right now. I wish I have much time to do this in the future. Thank you for your messages.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,652 registered users;
125 visitors (0 registered, 125 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 20:56 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5