PK PD modelling [Tips / Tricks]

posted by luvblooms4u – 2010-11-09 08:07 (4888 d 21:56 ago) – Posting: # 6117
Views: 20,001

Dear All

Regards
:flower:

When a drug is administered, after absorption it reaches the systemic circulation and from there it moves to site of action or get distributed to some of the tissues (kidney, liver, Cancer cells if it is a targeted for that) and in mean time it get eliminated from systemic circulation by metabolism through liver/kidney etc.

But, even the tissue where it has been distributed keeps on proliferating or growing thus increasing the number of cells available for metabolism or in other term with increase in the number of cell, the metabolic capability increases thus that may lead to increase metabolism of the drug in that specific region or tissue.

My question is that
  1. Is there will be any effect on the PD out come because of the increased metabolism/ increased metabolic activity of the tissue where the drug is distributed or it is simply controlled by the systemic clearance?
  2. Is there any PK PD model is available for the same?
  3. If no PK PD model available, what approaches one should try for to generate one.
I hope someone at the forum will help me out with this as I am stuck and not finding any way out.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Luvblooms

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
101 visitors (0 registered, 101 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 06:03 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5