WNL in replicate BE [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2010-04-26 18:15 (5105 d 18:48 ago) – Posting: # 5236
Views: 55,791

Dear bears,

it's not that easy. To quote from the manual:

Replicated crossover designs

For replicated crossover designs, the default model used in the Bioequivalence Wizard is the example model given for replicated designs in Appendix E of the FDA guidance:

Fixed effects model is:Random effects model is:Repeated specification is:Rather than using the implicit repeated model as in Appendix E, the time vari­able is made explicit as Period.

Appendix E to FDA (2001) states:

The following illustrates an example of program statements to run the average BE analysis using PROC MIXED in SAS version 6.12, with SEQ, SUBJ, PER, and TRT identifying sequence, subject, period, and treatment variables, respectively, and Y denoting the response measure (e.g., log(AUC), log(Cmax)) being analyzed:

PROC MIXED;
CLASSES SEQ SUBJ PER TRT;
MODEL Y = SEQ PER TRT/ DDFM=SATTERTH;
RANDOM TRT/TYPE=FA0(2) SUB=SUBJ G;
REPEATED/GRP=TRT SUB=SUBJ;
ESTIMATE 'T vs. R' TRT 1 -1/CL ALPHA=0.1;

The Estimate statement assumes that the code for the T formulation precedes the code for the R formulation in sort order (this would be the case, for example, if T were coded as 1 and R were coded as 2). If the R code precedes the T code in sort order, the coefficients in the Estimate statement would be changed to -1 1.

In the Random statement, TYPE=FA0(2) could possibly be replaced by TYPE=CSH. This guidance recommends that TYPE=UN not be used, as it could result in an invalid (i.e., not nonnegative definite) estimated covariance matrix.

We have already discovered differences between SAS and WinNonlin in the evaluation of replicate designs.

❝ I should search first, like this post of yours... :-(

No, that's another cup of tea! I was referring to EMA's guideline asking for ANOVA with fixed effects - which is not clever anyhow.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,663 registered users;
72 visitors (0 registered, 72 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:04 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5