Hotmail/Live Mail reject e-mails [Tips / Tricks]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2007-01-05 13:42 (6318 d 03:23 ago) – Posting: # 437
Views: 36,368

(edited by HS on 2007-01-06 12:40)

Dear all,

Micro$oft recently changed their system of classification of e-mails.
For reasons I was not able to trace yet, e-mails sent by the forum were rejected (classified as junk):
Final-Recipient: rfc822; foo@hotmailcom
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mxN.hotmail.com [65.54.244.NNN] Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Command rejected for policy reasons.

Affected by this policy are all e-mails send by the forum, i.e.,Temporary fixes for:
New users
If you have a hotmail-account and do not receive your activation e-mail within 5-10 minutes, the blocking was in operation.
Please register again with another e-mail address.
Registered users
If you want to continue receiving e-mails from other users and/or want to be notified about replies to your posts please change the e-mail address in your profile.
Your name (top right hand corner) > Edit user data > [ Change e-mail address ]

I'm trying to resolve this issue and want to apologise for any inconveniences.

Update 2007-01-06
To be classified by Micro$oft as a spammer was for free, but to be put on a 'Whitelist' costs at least 400$...

Quoting Micro$oft following procedure may help:

Q. I received an e-mail in my Junk E-Mail Folder that wasn't Junk. What can I do?
A. To help prevent messages from specific senders from being evaluated as junk e-mail, you can add the senders to your safelist.

If you're using MSN Hotmail:
  1. Click Options.
  2. On the left side of the page, click Mail, and then click Junk E-Mail Protection.
  3. Click Safe List.
  4. Type a domain (i.e., bebac.at) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add.
If you're using Windows Live Mail:
  1. Click Options.
  2. Click Allowed and Blocked Senders under Junk e-mail
  3. Click Allowed senders.
  4. Type a domain (i.e., bebac.at) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add to List.
I am not sure whether this procedure resolves the issue, therefore I would still suggest to avoid Hotmail-Accounts for the forum.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Thread locked

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,991 posts in 4,827 threads, 1,648 registered users;
52 visitors (2 registered, 50 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 18:06 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5