Glucose Clamp Study [PK / PD]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2020-07-21 12:51 (1367 d 18:04 ago) – Posting: # 21767
Views: 3,862

Hello VijithRoy,

❝ Under Clamp technique, Only insulin like drugs can be tested ?

No, in principle any situation when you wish to keep glucose levels up and safe you can do a clamp.
I recall in India how subjects were drinking glucose water before taking a dose of metformin in a BE trial on hevo's. In such a situation a clamp might have achieved the same. The example is not very good, of course, because it is easier to drink glucose than to do start a clamp, but I hope you get the idea.
(metformin: hevo's were puking when drinking the sweet stuff at 7:53AM, and when one subject pukes, 17 others will follow, so these studies with oral glucose solution had a lot of discontinuations and AEs and stuff; why the f%ck not just try and standardise intake of something sweet which is liked by volunteers: Halwa, Gulab Jamun, ice cream, but no.... glucose solution dictated by DCGI/CDSCO/ethics... that's beyond me.... I am sure there are good arguments, I just don't know of them or will not recognise them as better than a lot of other alternatives :-D:-D)

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,666 registered users;
78 visitors (0 registered, 78 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 06:56 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5