Aber meine Dame, das ist alles Unsinn! [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2020-06-08 03:04 (1411 d 07:38 ago) – Posting: # 21507
Views: 11,997

Hi Nastia,

❝ Do you know a legend about Ehrenfest's parrot?

Yes. Do you know Wigner’s friend?

❝ I wish I have that parrot to say: "Aber meine Herren das ist keine Wissenschaft!" every time I get the request to use 80% rule :-D

:lol3:

❝ By the way is not it similar to one used in 1997 by Endrenyi L. et al*?

Yes and no. There are many papers about partial AUCs but most of them deal with early exposure. That’s not what I’m interested in. BTW, a plot of Mei-Ling’s paper1 shows also that the CV decreases with time. OK, little bit unfair. Not with time itself but with median tmax, where pAUC0–ref,tmax.

[image]

A small case study2 shows also the high variability of pAUC0–ref,tmax.

❝ As far as I know the war almost starts when russian experts try to translate this word properly. For me "должно быть" sounds like an order.

Shall I say I expected that?

❝ ("Marain was a synthetic language, designed to be phonetically and philosophically as expressive as the pan-human speech apparatus and the pan-human brain would allow")

Great! Do you know Volapük?

❝ I often deal with protocols where the definition of AUC is ambiguously: in the one part of the protocol they are talking about AUC0–72 and in the other - about AUC0–t (AUClast).

Shit. That’s why I give in my protocols even a plot to show how I deal with cut-off times…

❝ About AUC0–t (AUCall) see also Oishi M. et al.

Funny abstract. Can you send me a copy?

1. Chen M-L, Davit B, Lionberger R, Wahba Z, Ahn H-Y, Yu LX. Using Partial Area for Evaluation of Bioavailability and Bioequivalence. Parm Res. 2011;28(8):1939–47. doi:10.1007/s11095-011-0421-x.
  2. Najib NM, Salem I, Hasan R, Idkaidek NM. Effect of Truncated AUC Method on Drug Bioequivalence in Humans. J Bioequiv Bioavail. 2009;1(4):112–4. doi:10.4172/jbb.1000017. [image] Open access.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
94 visitors (0 registered, 94 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:42 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5