Leads to a (pseudo-) period effect [Bioanalytics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-09-19 17:33 (1652 d 20:18 ago) – Posting: # 20619
Views: 5,850

Dear Ravuri and dshah,

I’m the last person to stick to guidelines (if scientifically doubtful) but the EMA’s, FDA’, and ICH’s are pretty good ones.

❝ Can the study samples of same subject in more than single run for cross over design can be analysed i'e analysis of P1 samples and P2 samples can be carried out separately in two different runs? If yes, how it need to be justify to regulatory?

As always the guidance states “should be” not “have to be”. OK, why do you think it is necessary to analyze periods in different batches? Long washout and problems with stability? More information please.

❝ If we choose different run, then there is high possibility of getting slight different calibration curve equation and thus finally concentration for the unknown samples.

Correct so far.

❝ Thus it could have direct impact on BE.

Here you err, IMHO. Don’t get me wrong, I would analyze all samples in the same batch if ever possible as well (even staggered sampling times – not one period after the other). However, if Ravuri would have different responses in his approach, they would show up in the ANOVA as a period effect – which is automatically corrected for and thus not relevant in assessing the treatment effect.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
102 visitors (0 registered, 102 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:51 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5