Spreadsheet addiction [Software]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2019-07-18 20:59 (1736 d 14:32 ago) – Posting: # 20392
Views: 14,288

Dear all

❝ There is a series of papers about indirect adjusted comparisons in BE published by regulators. All done in Excel.

As far as I can tell, Excel and R give the same result. I was interested in the method so several weeks back I played with R using data from EPAR (none of the articles gives sample size of the BE study so without going to the EPAR for this additional information you can not reproduce/validate their results at all) and the difference in some comparison is 0.01% due to different rounding method used in Excel and R.

However, as Ohlbe said, there are some errors in the articles such as in the latest article (link), table 2 gives wrong data (I compared the original data from EPAR and it's clearly a mistake in article) but the result of the comparison using that data is correct, so this might just a typo. However, some comparisons were reversed, e.g., Table 3 describs generic 2 vs generic 4, and generic 3 vs generic 4, but in fact it were generic 4 vs 3 and 2, ... Apparently, someone typed the data in the wrong cell in excel so confidence interval were all reversed. :-D

❝ Semitransparent colors in Excel? I don’t think that’s possible. ;-)

Haha, this is where you err... :-D Actually you can do that in Excel (not that you should). At least I can in my 2013. It's ugly, but semi-transparent it is. :cool:

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
67 visitors (0 registered, 67 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:31 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5