Spaghetti Viennese [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-04-25 16:39 (1799 d 22:43 ago) – Posting: # 20231
Views: 12,292

Dear Ohlbe,

❝ ❝ I’m pissed when I get a report without spaghetti plots.

❝ And you complain that overlaying two plots of means is too crowded ;-)

Nope. Overlaying two plots ±SD. I’m fine with one plot of both T and R plus two showing the treatments separately (geom. mean ±SD).

❝ I find spaghetti plots rather difficult to read with more than 30 subjects, or even less depending on what they look like...

You get used to it. ;-)
Our brains are great in pattern-recognition. Two examples (amoxicillin 1 g tablets, different tests but same reference in both studies) of Blume/Mutschler*

Study  metric    90% CI 
────────────────────────
  1     AUC    92 – 111%
        Cmax   87 – 109%
  2     AUC    82 –  99%
        Cmax   75 –  99%

Both studies passed (limits for AUC 80–125% and for Cmax 70–143%).
@ Mittyri: Good ol’ days! :waving:

[image]

[image]

I would say:This loose leaf edition (~2,000 pages in 4 volumes, 1989–1996) was prepared for the ABDA („Bundesvereinigung Deutscher Apotherverbände” – Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists) to provide pharmacists a means to decide which generic to chose. Already in 1992 ⅓ of all German pharmacists completed a training on BE provided by the ZL (“Zentrallaboratorium Deutscher Apotheker” – Central Laboratory of German Pharmacists). Compare that to the FDA’s Orange Book…

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
109 visitors (0 registered, 109 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:22 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5