AUC0-τ estimation with time deviations [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Astea – Russia, 2019-02-10 17:38 (1872 d 16:06 ago) – Posting: # 19896
Views: 11,127

Dear Smart People!

I'd like to understand the correct method to calculate AUC0-τ in the case of time deviations in the first sample point (actually I think that we always have deviations in the first point cause it is impossible to "eat" drug and "give" blood at the same time).

Suppose we have to calculate NCA parameters for multiple dose during n-th dose period of 24 hours.
We have these concentations and time deviation -1 min in the first sample and 0,5 hours in the last:
Data set 3
 Time  Conc
-0.017     1
1          60
2          80
3          100
4          130
5          160
6          130
7          100
8          90
10         70
12         40
14         30
18         20
24.5       2

Aiming to calculate concentration at t=0, Phoenix use the minimum observed during the dose interval (from dose time to dose time+tau) for extravascular and infusion data (while for IV bolus data it performs a log-linear regression).

That is for extravascular or infusion data in the listed dataset first point (time=0) would be replaced by 20, so that AUC0-τ equals 1325 while if we will not include 1-minute time deviation it would be 1316. May be this example is not so demonstrative but I was slightly suprised that a difference in one minute should totally change the input data: in fact we throw pre-dose concentration to the bin. Are there another methdos for handling AUC0-τ in such cases (linear extrapolation for example)?

There are also some more questions about AUC0-τ:
Interval of dosing (τ, 24 hour) is always a constant for all subjects not depending for the actual dose period, isn't it?
What is the best way to handle with BLQ in the end of the dosing period for steady-state?

"Being in minority, even a minority of one, did not make you mad"

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,640 registered users;
75 visitors (0 registered, 75 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:45 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5