Down with Big Brother [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2019-02-04 15:43 (1878 d 19:49 ago) – Posting: # 19860
Views: 6,922

Hi Nastia,

❝ Through "atavism" I meant something like a tail in human body - smthg that should be dissapeared while evolution.

OK, but atavism works the other way ’round. A baby born with a tail. An anachronism would be using a sliding rule instead of pocket calculator.

❝ May I clarify once more: for non-comparative PK trials of IR do we need only classical global Cmin?

Not sure what you mean by “non-comparative PK trial of IR”. For IR you don’t need it at all (Cmin,ss was suggested in the draft IR-GL but didn’t make it to the final version). In the comments we find the nice apples-and-oranges sentence:

“By Cmin,ss we mean the concentration at the end of the dosage interval, i.e. Ctrough.”

Given. Common understanding: Cmin,ss = Ctrough, which is  Cτ,ss in case of a lag-time. Even without a lag-time due to variability Cmin,ss can be observed at the beginning or the end of the dosing interval. Sigh.

In a hybrid application (no MR on the market; comparison to IR or even a solution) I would say Css,min. BTW, currently I’m dealing with a hybrid for Canada. It’s a biphasic product with a lag-time. After some to-and-fro: Both Css,min and Cτ,ss. Oh dear…

❝ Аnd for MR Ctrough (as it is written in the article)?

Yep – if the two Lászlós meant Cτ,ss. ;-)

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
104 visitors (0 registered, 104 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:33 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5