confint and adjust in R [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2019-01-07 15:52 (1907 d 07:31 ago) – Posting: # 19744
Views: 4,379

Hi all,

happy new year.

I am exploring the confint function in R and the oppotunities for multiplicity adjustment.
In fact, the confint function allows an adjust argument :

In my current models I can apply adjust= e.g. "bonferroni", "none", "sidak", "mvt" and "tukey" (which is the default).

I cannot, however, find any documentation which tells me what the options really are; the ones above are only the options I found by googling, and finding pages like this one.
??adjust gets me nowhere in practice.

I emphasize that adjust under confint is not the same as p.adjust which is documented here, but naïvely I thought the arguments would be the same.
If I specify adjust="holm" or adjust="hochberg" it defaults to Bonferroni in models I am looking at, so either these methods are not implemented for confint or they achieve the same in my models, not sure. If I do adjust="eat.my.shorts" etc then I don't get an error but just bonferroni :-)

Note that the adjust argument is one of the "..."'s so isn't part of the function documentation. It must be mapped out somewhere???

So... Can anyone point me to some online documentation which tells which options the adjust argument allows? Or can any tell me how how I could systematically look up this type of question generally?

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
82 visitors (0 registered, 82 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:24 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5