Software validation [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2018-10-15 11:43  – Posting: # 19443
Views: 6,804

Hi Rosy,

» I do studentized residual test with R for the outliers detection, but now my regulation prohibid to use R.

Bizarre. Consider presenting the document

R: Regulatory Compliance and Validation Issues
A Guidance Document for the Use of R in Regulated Clinical
Trial Environments

and to ask the agency why it believes (!) that commercial software (SAS, Phoenix, …) is “better” than open source. Any software has to be validated* – which is easy for base-R.

» Can i do with phoenix 7 or another statistical software like ncss.

In Phoenix you get only standardized residuals (aka internally studentized residuals). For the setup see above. In SAS both internally and externally studentized residuals are possible. Haven’t used NCSS for 15+ years – no idea.

* Examples where a commercial software screwed up:
  1. Schütz H, Labes D, Fuglsang A. Reference Datasets for 2-Treatment, 2-Sequence, 2-Period Bioequivalence Studies. AAPS J. 2014;16(6):1292–7. doi:10.1208/s12248-014-9661-0. [image] free view-only version.
  2. Fuglsang A, Schütz H, Labes D. Reference Datasets for Bioequivalence Trials in a Two-Group Parallel Design. AAPS J. 2015;17(2):400–4. doi:10.1208/s12248-014-9704-6. [image] free view-only version.

Cheers,
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

Activity
 Admin contact
20,258 posts in 4,264 threads, 1,400 registered users;
online 16 (0 registered, 16 guests [including 13 identified bots]).
Forum time (Europe/Vienna): 07:13 CET

Science is simply common sense at its best that is,
rigidly accurate in observation, and
merciless to fallacy in logic.    Thomas Henry Huxley

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5