Requirements ⇒ recommendations [BE/BA News]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2018-08-01 13:12 (2088 d 21:37 ago) – Posting: # 19120
Views: 8,095

Hi Scopy,

❝ ❝ Could it be that the May 24 version is the updated and thus the recommended version to use?

Yes.

❝ ❝ Was also wondering what was the modification done :ponder:

Unfortunately most regulatory documents are published without track changes. Not uncommon that older versions are overwritten (worst example: the EMA’s 15 versions of the Q&A document).

❝ I have skimmed through both documents. I did not notice any difference …

Not surprising. I used an online tool. Requirement(s) in the version of May 21 changed to recommendation(s):Not unusual for the FDA to give recommendations rather than requirements. However, changing the wording was not consequent. In many places we still read e.g., “the requirements for […] are listed in Table 1.” – where only recommendations are given.

VIII. Glossary, Batch
old:

A batch is a number of unknown samples from one or more patients in a study and QCs that are processed at one time.

new:

For purposes of this guidance, a batch is a number of unknown samples from one or more pati­ents in a study and QCs that are processed at one time.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
104 visitors (0 registered, 104 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:50 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5