What is clinically relevant? [Design Issues]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2018-04-04 18:49 (2210 d 22:27 ago) – Posting: # 18641
Views: 5,788

Hi BF,

❝ A mix of liposomal-bound and free doxorubicin is infused, …

Are you sure? I know only liposome-encapsulated formulations (i.e., containing no free doxorubicin).

I agree that the FDA’s guidance (asking for AUC and Cmax of free and liposome-encapsulated doxorubicin) might not sufficiently enough characterize the profiles.

There is no product-specific guidance in Europe so far. However, current regulatory practice on this side of the pond is much more strict.
PK metrics for encapsulated, free, and total doxorubicin:PK metrics for the primary metabolite doxorubicinol: As above but supportive only.

Problems are manifold:IMHO, encapsulated and total doxorubicin are not relevant from a clinical perspective – only nice to know. I would prefer to assess just the metabolite but all of its PK metrics in a confirmatory manner.

BTW, at the 3rd GBHI conference (Amsterdam, April 12–13) Session IV will be devoted to liposomal parenteral preparations. Let’s wait for regulators’ unfathomable wisdom.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,991 posts in 4,827 threads, 1,647 registered users;
50 visitors (1 registered, 49 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:17 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5