Full replicate designed study for Europe [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by bebac_fan – US, 2018-04-01 06:45 (2210 d 02:15 ago) – Posting: # 18626
Views: 2,936

Hi Balakotu,

❝ Here my question is whether to include the subjects who completed at least one test and one reference for bio-equivalence calculation?

I do not work with EMA so I am unable to provide any empirical evidence. However, you may check the EMA guidance
here. Page 14 of the guidance states "...subjects in a
crossover trial who do not provide evaluable data for both of the test and reference products ...should not be included. "

With FDA, the safe route would be to provide statistical analysis with and without exclusions (especially if they both pass :cool:).

I have seen some discussions around regarding drop-outs in replicate studies. Perhaps this implies that subjects aren't evaluable if they don't complete all 4.

Follow up question for the pros: if you include partially completed subjects, does this unbalancing have an effect on the mixed model?

I guess you lose a df if you have a subject that only had RR or TT, so I understand that. But what about a subject that has TR (instead of TRTR).

Cheers,
BF

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
83 visitors (0 registered, 83 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:01 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5