And R? [Software]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-03-18 09:29 (2229 d 16:01 ago) – Posting: # 18568
Views: 6,480

Hi both,

in C the syntactic options are much more limited than in R. Fortunately :-D The solution I switched to is much like Hötzi's test.for case. This type of solution is in my opinon the "right" one in the sense that it doesn't do double comparisons and it can be also adapted to the case where the axis start is not at 0.0; for the purpose of getting some axis ticks where you want them this philosophy delivers and is safe.
There is e.g. no direct equivalent of the test.seq equivalent in C; it would require custom built helper functions or similar. Note also you actually need to do something with the ticks, so looping or applying would be necessary on top. Generating the ticks and using them in one and the same loop is likely fastest (but the latter is a postulate and not something I looked into in R). In C counting an integer down to 0 is often a bit faster, but not necessarily a lot. Highly settings- and compiler-dependent.
Speed is to me of no importance to me here but readibility is. This is part of an executable that does its job in 0.078 seconds and quits.:-D

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,657 registered users;
121 visitors (0 registered, 121 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:30 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5