Suitable equipment? [Study As­sess­ment]

posted by ssussu – China, 2018-02-08 05:07 (2240 d 09:34 ago) – Posting: # 18377
Views: 9,227

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your patience.

❝ ❝ So, you mean the Cmax and the AUC both will equal the one with a constant rate infusion?

❝ Yes!

I thought the AUC would be effect because I saw the the black area in the below picture. Now i know the AUC is only depend on the dose as you said.
[image]

❝ For the next time I strongly recommend infusion pumps (yeah, I know, expensive): Exact infusion rates, no bubbles, no problems.

Yes, they used the infusion pumps, and I don't know why it occurs bubbles and I need to do more detailed investigation.

❝ If you would have kept the original infusion rate (after the five minutes stop), i.e., complete it at 35 minutes, you would have seen a Cmax which is 0.35% (!) lower than expected with the planned schedule – if you have an early sampling time point. If not, you will observed a lower Cmax. How much lower depends on the sampling schedule and the elimination rate. Theoretically the AUC is not affected (depends only on the dose).

Could I say (theoretically) that no matter how long will I stop the infusion,only if I complete infusion at 0.5h,the Cmax will be same with constant rate infusion for 0.5h?

❝ Why did it take the nurse five minutes to expel the bubble? In my experience about one minute should be sufficient.

Yes, actually they take 2min and I exaggerate it to 5min, want to see the effect if the stop time is not short enough to be ignore.

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5! [Helmut]

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
83 visitors (0 registered, 83 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:41 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5