Function CVpooled (package PowerTOST) [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2018-01-27 23:28 (2273 d 22:48 ago) – Posting: # 18297
Views: 13,416

Hi all,

can we take one step back and ask which question the pooled CV provides an answer to?

"If the CV across all studies happens to be the same, then which CV is most likely representing all the studies?"
[yes, add alfalfa and limits if you wish]
Now, I hate to say it, but boring things like blood sampling regimen, analytical setups, stats model, within-batch variation of both T and R, volunteer constraints postdose, and other factors will influence directly on a CV. If you are in doubt, look at the list provided in this thread.

Please give me a good reason to believe all those factors (plus all the ones I forgot) are the same across just any two studies. You pick and show me. Until then I consider pooled CV's a curiosity as useful as headmounted toilet paper etc.

A cheeseburger is pretty well assumed to be the same regardless of whether you buy it at McDonald's in Pasadena, Paris or Peking. A cheeseburger is a cheeseburger is a cheeseburger. Until we bring Burger King into the picture. Or Hardee's. Or...

This pooled business is not the way forward, gentlemen and gentlewomen. But it is highly theoretically and academically appealing, I grant you all that.

Now if you will excuse me I must end this post here as I have to blow my nose. I am sure I put that roll of toilet paper somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it right now... Bloody hell...

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,657 registered users;
103 visitors (0 registered, 103 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5