Were physicians/patients aware of the change in the formulation? [BE/BA News]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2017-11-26 18:37 (2314 d 18:39 ago) – Posting: # 18010
Views: 7,860

Hi nobody,

❝ L-Thyroxine (as an endogenous aminoacid with strong hormonal effects) is somefing very special, as recognized long ago, e.g.: […]

Sure. Dose finding for levothyroxine is a pain in the back (NTID, long half life, large between-subject variability). Hence, most endocrinologists would not switch their patients from one product to another one.
Note that the FDA’s guidance is even less stringent than the EMA’s. In the study of Gottwald-Hostalek et al. the CVintra of Cmax was 17.7%. According to the FDA’s RSABE (assuming CVwT=CVwR) that would translate into implied BE-limits of 83.11–120.33%…
I think that neither physicians nor patients were aware of what was going on – that wasn’t a product-switch but a change in the formulation. Both thought to take still the same product of the same manufacturer.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
104 visitors (0 registered, 104 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:17 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5