Study population in biostudies in the EU: mixed or not? [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Marcel-Duclos Efoudebe – Belgium, 2017-09-14 18:31 (2409 d 17:36 ago) – Posting: # 17809
Views: 3,987

Good evening to everyone.
I have a question related to the study population to be enrolled for a Bioequivalence study. Up till now, I was confident on the fact that, at least in the EU (I know the FDA thinks differently), the EMA guideline did not request the study population to be mixed (male and female). But at the moment, we are planning a biostudy in Jordan, and given our usual practice of enrolling only male subjects, the CRO recommended not to mention this in the study title (“healthy volunteers”, instead of “healthy male volunteers”), arguing that they have received the following question from an EU authority (Italy): “The selection of exclusively male subjects in the bioequivalence study should be adequately justified”
My question is: do you know if there has been any regulatory change on that field which could explain such a question?
Thanks.

Regards,

Marcel

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
110 visitors (0 registered, 110 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:08 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5