Crap… [Power / Sample Size]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2017-08-07 22:29 (2424 d 17:14 ago) – Posting: # 17676
Views: 8,695

Hi nobody,

❝ Would not spend a single cent on such a nonsense. How does somethink like that survive peer review?

❝ Now that is published it will be referenced and used as "scientific basis" for further conclusions/studies.

[image]That’s a slow-burn! My memory-span is better than ElMaestro’s (two weeks?) but it took me a while to recall. I was asked in May 2016 about my opinion. The editor wasn’t even sure whether he should reject the manuscript right away or initiate the review process. My response was:

The manuscript is without any scientific value.

I used some strong words which I won’t post here. Will send it to you by PM.

Obviously the editor didn’t listen to me and the reviewers were blind.
Explains why it is called “blind review”. :angry:

❝ How to get such trash retracted?

Practically impossible. You could writer a letter to the editor. Detlew and I tried that once, but the procedure was endless and after months (!) the editor of Pharm Res. suggested we should submit a full MS instead. This was not our intention. We didn’t discover anything new. Only wanted to point out that another article (which made it through the review) was pooh.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
87 visitors (0 registered, 87 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:44 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5