Low power of Group-by-Treatment interaction [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by mittyri – Russia, 2017-04-30 00:57 (2543 d 16:17 ago) – Posting: # 17283
Views: 30,236

Hi Helmut!

Your opinion is very important for Russian BEBA amateurs, so I'm expecting your approach will be 'carved in Russian stone'. :ok:
It would be great if we get some consensus regarding models with group term (until the moment when our experts will change their mind or, probably, all other world will be convinced by Russian experts). :-D

❝ The nasty thing is that the Group-by-Treatment interaction test has low power (therefore, testing at the 0.1 level). You should expect a false positive rate at the level of the test and trash some of your studies due to lacking power.

Could you please clarify this point? I saw many times the problem of power for Sequence term for simple model and Group-by-Treatment interaction for FDA model I. Is it possible to prove that with sims? Or somebody did this work analytically?

PS: I suspect a lot of fun with replicate designs. Your model specification with group (from Österreich with love :flower:) works well even there, but it doesn't mean that this model is applicable for replicate designs (as we discussed elsewhere).

Kind regards,
Mittyri

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,651 registered users;
49 visitors (0 registered, 49 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:14 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5