Ursodeoxycholic acid: Unconjugated and total in BE assessment [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Mauricio Sampaio  – Brazil, 2017-04-05 20:52 (2549 d 04:33 ago) – Posting: # 17229
Views: 3,343

Dear members,

according the question above (7 years ago), I am asking to myself and you if anybody to have a response on the need to present unconjugated and total (unconjugated + conjugated) data for ursodeoxycholic acid, to prove the bioequivalence between two formulation (FDA requires demonstration of BE on total and unconjugated drug)? :confused:

If the focus of the bioequivalence test is identify significant differences from formulation, what is the sense to quantify tauroursodeoxycholic acid and glycoursodeoxycholic acid ? :confused: The measurement of these metabolites in human plasma may be helpful in understanding the metabolism of the parent compound, but it is not applied to understand the differences between two formulation. Both are from physiological limitation and not from galenic limitation.

The quantification only Ursodiol acid (the parent compound unconjugated) is not enough?:confused:

If any members could answer me, I really appreciate.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
81 visitors (0 registered, 81 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 00:25 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5