Calibration and QC point with same concentration [Bioanalytics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2017-02-24 13:11 (2589 d 07:32 ago) – Posting: # 17107
Views: 9,702

Hi Ladi,

❝ What happened is I accidentally set up my CC5 concentration the same as MQC (my bad).

That’s not bad at all.

❝ According to my boss, its "common sense" that the conc. shouldn't be same.

I think that the conclusion of the thread (as Steven already noted above) was that an equal concentration of the MQC and one of the CC samples is unlikely but possible.

❝ Total CC points was eight so I think we can reprocess MV data with the problematic point removed and the curve will still have enough CC levels.

Please don’t do that. You will loose information. Citing the EMA’s GL on the calibration curve in BMV:

A relationship which can simply and adequately describe the response of the instrument with regard to the concentration of analyte should be applied.

It is up to you to demonstrate which model (linear, quadratic, …) and weighting scheme fits the data best. See this post (especially the excellent paper by Almeida et al. 2002).

❝ Anyway, in my opinion, the CC-QC points do not have to be different, but looks pretty if they are.

1. Yes and 2. Looking pretty is not a scientific category.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
83 visitors (0 registered, 83 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 20:44 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5