Calibration and QC point with same concentration [Bioanalytics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2017-02-23 23:02 (2589 d 20:33 ago) – Posting: # 17104
Views: 9,752

Hi Steven,

❝ I think, the outcome, getting also back to Ladi's question, at the moment is simply: they are independent and can be identical, but by no means have to.

That's the winning statement.

Now, for the independence part of the story I am still struggling a bit, and I have been for long. I usually like to think about myself that I am capable of applying some measure of common sense when I consider BE-related issues. But independent prep. of stock solutions: I see the reason, but I am not sure how to define independence based on common sense. Independent weighing only? Different glassware, different pipettes, too? Different scales? Different lots of ref. std.? Different staff? Different pipette tips? As far as I know it is independent weighing only. But why? Where does independence start and where does it stop? :confused::confused:
Ooooh, almost forgot, there are cases where the CROs buy the ref. standard in solutions with a certified potency. That means no weighing for the stock, and thus no independent preparation.... unless.... damn... I better take my medication now.:-)

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
87 visitors (0 registered, 87 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:35 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5