Calibration and QC point with same concentration [Bioanalytics]

posted by Relaxation  – Germany, 2017-02-23 18:29 (2590 d 20:22 ago) – Posting: # 17103
Views: 9,805

Dear All.

Thanks a lot for the interesting points of view!

With regard to Ohlbe's example with the 998.5 µl. I think that this is a specific mind-set as I clearly remember two groups of students during my time at university (although it does get faded).

Those that got back from the scale within minutes having written down any roughly fitting number for their analysis AND
those spending literally hours at the "4 decimal places" scale, because the Ph.Eur. says for the assay of the API "Weight 0.500 g" :crying:.
And I am sure, we all remember an example of this kind of people.

For me it seems that there is a lot of consensus here. And any apparent difference might simply be due to the fact that "should be different" for some sounds like
"have to be different" (which is not the case) and for some like
"are expected to be different in most cases, as identical real values would be a coincidence".

I think, the outcome, getting also back to Ladi's question, at the moment is simply: they are independent and can be identical, but by no means have to.
Naturally, I may have misread all prior post - again..., so any correction is welcome.

Thanks, best regards and, as making this post longer than really necessary took me to 5.30 P.M:

Have a nice evening/Schönen Feierabend!

Steven.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
108 visitors (0 registered, 108 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:51 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5