Method comparison question [Bioanalytics]

posted by mittyri – Russia, 2017-01-11 12:54 (2633 d 03:00 ago) – Posting: # 16943
Views: 3,326

Dear Croosov and Martin,

Full ACK with Martin.
I would add that the authors of this book surprisingly did not mention Bablok approach at all (or I didn't find it).
Regarding Deming they are also not optimistic:
Deming regression is of limited practical use because it requires a priori knowledge of the ratio of the variances, which is rarely available without replicate measurements by each method. And in that case the model is actually identifiable (see Section 7) and hence Deming regression is superfluous.
Deming regression can be used as a second step in the case where replicate measurements are made. The first step is to use the replicates to estimate the method-specific residual variances, and the second is Deming regression using the mean of replicates to estimate the relationship between methods

I think you also had a look at this article:
Validity of linear regression in method comparison studies: is it limited by the statistical model or the quality of the analytical input data?

As far as I understand Bablok approach is robust (as non-parametric) but sensitive to the non-linearity.

Sorry if I'm writing about some simple things

Kind regards,
Mittyri

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
76 visitors (0 registered, 76 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:54 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5