once more about R and replicate designes [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Astea – Russia, 2016-11-03 00:43 (2725 d 15:46 ago) – Posting: # 16767
Views: 19,442

Dear all!

While reading tonns of posts I stil can't understand how do SAS has got such a unique position? The method C for replicate studies (that is random effect with interactions PROC MIXED) in R (not only in bear but also in other packages) doesn't exist, does it?

As I understand only method A is available in bear and only for partial replicate designs 2x2x4, 2x2x6.. But what about fully replicated 2x4x4? VStus (in that post) mentioned that

❝ bear's lm.mod() was not confused by having more than 2 periods and 2 sequences

Also a question appears what should we use as a reference variance in order to apply scaling of confidence intervals (fully replicated design allows us even to estimate intrasubject variability of reference drug for two pairs of R that is we can desintegrate 2x4x4 for two 2x2x4 and estimate R variance independently for both. How will choosing one of them affect the scaling and possibility to fail?)

And the thing that is totally out of my mind: why should point estimation be affected by the way of analysis? As it was once shown by Helmut for balanced studies PE is just a means over periods and sequences. Why can't we do analogous in the case of inbalanced designs?

"Being in minority, even a minority of one, did not make you mad"

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
75 visitors (0 registered, 75 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:29 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5