Holy War of type III [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2016-10-11 15:17 (2746 d 02:59 ago) – Posting: # 16722
Views: 34,811

Gentlemen (& Ladies),

❝ The ideal candidate for this drop1 extension would -purely hypothetically- be a statistical expert with mahatma status who has plenty spare time because he recently went into retirement. But of course, such people are hard to find.

❝ Hötzi, do you think any such person exists on the planet or is it just wishful thinking?!??

I think a person with such skills couldn't be found within the whole galaxy. May be far, far away in the outer space :-D.

If I would be such a person I nevertheless would by no means delve into the mud of Type I, II, III or even type IV tests in ANOVA :no:.
There is some sort of Holy War out there with regard to such tests when it comes to unbalanced designs. This war is raging especially between the R folks and SAS adepts, the latter claimed to have invented "Type III" as I was told. Therefore it has to be seen as evil and must be abandoned by the R hordes under the virtual leadership of Douglas Bates.

No person with a lucid mind or even with an expert or mahatma status would participate in such a hassle. Not for money (even much!) nor for good words. Especially if considering that these F-Tests and pvalue Kuddelmuddel are nothing good for within the context of BE, only being a description of nuisance terms in the ANOVA model.

Better drink a good beer or a good glas of vine :party: while contemplating about the meaning of life and that all.

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,668 registered users;
67 visitors (0 registered, 67 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 18:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5