Re-consenting volunteers? [Off Topic]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2016-06-21 18:42 (2859 d 06:19 ago) – Posting: # 16433
Views: 35,975

Hi all,

I am not a native French speaker but I think I sometimes understand a little bit of written French.

(and I am not too hot on Google translate)

Does the inquest into the Bial/Biotrial incident suggest that the volunteers should perhaps, possibly, maybe have been asked to re-confirm their consent after the initial SAE in their dosing group? I have no idea legally, but I am not aware of any clear clause in ICH E6 or Eudralex etc. that would require it. I think the need to re-consent is solely a matter of interpretation and that is sometimes a dangerous tool is the hands of people who look over the shoulder with little regard to the present.

Did I get the document right about re-consent? I foresee a lot of trouble if CROs in the future need to preemptively re-consent study volunteers. In the absence of firm specfic written guidance it will be very difficult to decide when a re-consent is justified and necessary.
e.g.
-When any SAE's occur? If no, which then?
-When any AE occurs? A broken toenail? Headache? Absence of info from a volunteer who has retracted her/his consent without telling why? Someone being discontioued by an investigator? Etc.

Is there a French guideline or legal document specifically discussing re-consenting?

Thanks for any input. As they say in France: Muchas gracias.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
96 visitors (0 registered, 96 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:01 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5