Quantification of S-amlodipine [PK / PD]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2016-06-08 03:32 (2871 d 23:26 ago) – Posting: # 16412
Views: 7,336

Hi Mauricio,

I incorrectly assumed that you have a chiral method. Sorry.

❝ What are the guaranties of my correct quantification of S-Amlodipine in plasma with a method that do not make any difference between R and S enantiomeres present in analitical reference standard?

There are none. In our case the enantiomeric ratio of the 'racemate' was in fact not 1:1 (checked by MS-MS response and circulardichroism after heart-cut of the eluted peaks). Do you have the study samples already in the fridge without a validated method method? If yes (bad) I would immediately order the certified l-enantiomer. Validate the method with the racemate but state in the protocol that you will correct all concentrations once you have the l-enantiomer. Analyze the study samples with the racemate standards / QCs. This is a last resort - better than to wait for the enantiomer standard and risk that the samples degrade in the meantime. Avoid it in the future.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,667 registered users;
74 visitors (0 registered, 74 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:58 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5