Report in R – R-Studio & R Markdown [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2016-03-06 14:25 (2969 d 19:55 ago) – Posting: # 16056
Views: 6,625

Dear ÖbersterGrößterMeister,

that is one of the shortcomings of R - report writing. No simple out of the box solution to get some simple report beside redirecting the output of R-scripts to text files (?sink) or creating graphs in graph files and stick them together afterwards by hand :-(.

The situation has changed if you use R-Studio, an IDE (integrated development environment for R programming, together with R markdown.
Quote: "R Markdown is an authoring format that enables easy creation of dynamic documents, presentations, and reports from R. It combines the core syntax of markdown (an easy-to-write plain text format) with embedded R code chunks that are run so their output can be included in the final document. R Markdown documents are fully reproducible (they can be automatically regenerated whenever underlying R code or data changes)."

IMHO the learning curve is nevertheless steep, means that "easy" from the quote is an euphemism for me, so I myself haven't used it up to now. But the description seems promising :cool:.

Here is another entry point, a simple tutorial for R Markdown. If you google you will find many more.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,990 posts in 4,826 threads, 1,664 registered users;
81 visitors (1 registered, 80 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:20 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5