Report in R – is that uphill or what? [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2016-03-06 00:14 (2966 d 04:05 ago) – Posting: # 16055
Views: 7,705

Hi all,

I am struggling a bit with R. Am trying to do something which sounds quite simple:
I want to run some analyses in R and then create a document of sorts which may contain some of the results like graphs/plots, some tables, and a bit of text generated by R. Save in some easily accessible format like *.doc, *.rtf or pdf or anything widely used which can be opened/viewed by people who do not have R.

It is not easy, though :confused::confused:. I google around and get to pages about knitr and sweave and I am utterly and miserably lost. I admit that 250 tutorials and simple examples later I am none the wiser at all.

Do I really have to copy and paste graphs, tables, text from R into a document manually?
Or even worse, use disk i/o tools within R to create a folder from which I build manually a html document with the graphs and tables I produce. It seems a long and cumbersome way to go for very little, and at the end of the day it means the document (what the user sees via the browser) will still span several files and that is not ideal. If I could shell the browser to then print the html file to pdf via the built-in virtual pdf generator then it just might work. But this seems far-fetched, isn't there a smarter way?

If someone has a quick way to accomplish what I so far haven't been able to then I'd love to see it.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Edit: Category changed. That’s perfectly On-Topic! [Helmut]

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,669 registered users;
72 visitors (0 registered, 72 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 05:19 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5