Trilogy? [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2016-01-29 14:31 (3002 d 23:38 ago) – Posting: # 15892
Views: 6,597

Hi Shuanghe,

❝ Didn't know it's a trilogy!

So do I. I don’t have the slightest intention to dive into validating NCA-algos. I think everybody should describe unambiguously in the protocol how it will be done (example). In this respect I concur with Sauter’s quote. In the majority (!) of reports I have seen the interval used for estimating λz is not given. If one wants to recalculate results it means a lot of trial and error. Especially how BQLs are treated deserves special attention. How are partial AUCs (or AUC0–72) calculated if a sample is not taken exactly at the cut-off time? Does the software interpolate (and if yes, how)? t75% (“plateau time” or “peak occupancy time 75%”; mandatory for MR in Russia) can be tricky. In the EU the peak-trough-fluctuation in BE should be calculated with Css,min at τ, whereas in BA (new drugs) Css,min within τ should be used. Only the latter is the standard in software.

BTW, if (if!) the algo is described in the protocol, recalculation is possible with a pocket calculator or even paper-pencil-brain. I don’t understand the agitation.

❝ So when can we expect "The Return of the King" (SCNR :-D)? Don't keep us waiting.

Maybe it is like Patrick Rothfuss’ The Kingkiller Chronicle. Fans of fantasy fiction are waiting since 2011 for the third book.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,664 registered users;
92 visitors (0 registered, 92 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:10 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5