PowerTOST sample size FDA full replicate T/R ratio at 85% [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Shuanghe  – Spain, 2016-01-25 18:49 (3012 d 08:01 ago) – Posting: # 15852
Views: 18,724

Hi all,

I just noticed some strange result when I was making sample size plot for FDA full replicate BE using Detlew's famous PowerTOST.

My understanding was that, with T/R ratio fixed (e.g., 90%), when ISCV increase from, say, 10% to 100%, sample size will increase with the increasing ISCV and reach a peak at ISCV=30% then sample size will decrease due to widened BE criteria and after a certain point size will increase again due to high variability. This is true when I tried T/R ratio of 95% or 90%. For example, this plot.

[image]

However, when I was trying T/R ratio of 85% (I know, weird and problematic ratio assumption for BE. Don't ask why. Let's just say that I had to do it), the size peak reached at ISCV=27-28%, not at 30%. See this picture.

[image]

Why is that? Since all other assumptions are same (e.g., T/R ratio is still 85%), when ISCV increased from e.g., 28% to 29% and 30%, shouldn't we need more subjects as the BE criteria is not widened yet?

If my understanding is correct, then maybe it's a bug of the package? If I'm wrong, could anyone explain it in plain English :-D ? Many thanks.

Edit: Category changed. [Helmut]

All the best,
Shuanghe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
113 visitors (1 registered, 112 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:50 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5