GUI for Detlew's randomizeBE (bear v2.7.5) [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2015-12-30 22:05 (3033 d 00:46 ago) – Posting: # 15786
Views: 90,893

(edited by yjlee168 on 2015-12-31 11:45)

Dear all,

I just upload bear v2.7.5 to sourceforge at the end of 2015.

This release only added GUI for Detlew's R package - randomizeBE to respond Elmaestro & Helmut's suggestions. I have been looking for a suitable GUI toolkit for a while. Finally I decided to use gWidgest2 and RGtk2 as GUI toolkit after trying several GUI toolkits (such as tcltk). Here is how to install these packages or toolkit file before upgrading bear to v2.7.5.

For Windows and Mac OSX:
  1. Open R and under R console, type install.packages("randomizeBE");install.packages("gWidgets2");install.packages("gWidgets2RGtk2") to install these packages from R repository site.
  2. install bear v2.7.5 from local zip file for Windows OS or type sudo R CMD INSTALL bear_2.7.5.tgz for Mac OSX;
  3. Under R console, type library(bear). Then type rl.gui() to run GUI. Then it may (or may not) prompt a dialog to ask if like to install GTK+, click install GTK+. It just needs to be done only once or for the first time. After that, close R and open R again to run bear. After typing library(bear), type rl.gui() (Ps. rl: randomization list) to run GUI.

For Linux (Ubuntu x86/x64):
  1. Open a terminal and type sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev to install gtk2.0 development version. This will avoid a possible compiling error (...GTK 2.8.0 is required...) when installing next R packages. For distro of yum package installation, please type yum install gtk2-devel (such as Fedora or others). See this for more information.
  2. Under a terminal, open R. Then type install.packages("randomizeBE");install.packages("gWidgets2");install.packages("gWidgets2RGtk2") to install these packages from R repository site. This should also install all dependent packages.
  3. Rest steps are the same as Windows and Mac OSX, except no need to install GTK+ with Linux-pc. I think GTK+ is bundled together with OS already. Not quite sure about that.

Ps.
  1. for Mac OSX and Linux-pc, after clicking exit in GUI, it needs to press "Enter" key once to get R prompt back. There is no need to do so if running bear under RStudio.
  2. for now, I just include some commonly used study designs together with GUI. randomizeBE can do much more than what I have built in this GUI. Let me know if you think that I should include more study designs. randomizeBE is a very nice package. Thank Detlew very much.

Screenshot (Windows, Win7 x64)
[image]

Screenshot (Windows, Win10 x64)
[image]

Screenshot (Mac OSX)
[image]

Screenshot (Linux-pc)
[image]

That's it. Have fun and Happy New Year.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,657 registered users;
96 visitors (0 registered, 96 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:52 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5