OT: The Hadleyverse [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2015-09-30 10:44 (3121 d 02:33 ago) – Posting: # 15496
Views: 25,381

Dear Shuanghe, dear Helmut,

❝ ❝ Didn’t know this package. The syntax within some functions (i.e., the %>%-operator) is – well – un­con­ven­tio­nal.

❝ The package was widely talked about recently on various forums and supposedly very powerful. Well, for those who mastered it I guess, which I'm not obviously. :-P

There is much hype within the R-user community around Hadley Wickham (has even an entry in Wikipedia) and the wealth of packages - named "Hadleyverse" - he has written, among them prominently plyr / dplyr.

Hadley has got headlines like "The man who revolutionized R" and has got fans all over the world.

I myself don't understand this hype. I find his packages at least in part not so easy to use or understand.
What I really love is devtools for package development (integral part of R-Studio, the IDE which no R-user/developer should miss) and his book "Advanced R".

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,649 registered users;
52 visitors (0 registered, 52 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:18 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5