R vs. Phoenix & SAS? [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2015-04-21 03:02 (3286 d 12:47 ago) – Posting: # 14725
Views: 22,815

Hi Yung-jin,

❝ ❝ For the EMA we would need an “all effects fixed” model (Method A of the Q&A).

❝ if EMA needs an "all effects fixed" model, why do we use a mixed model to do analysis?

Both the BE-GL and the Q&A state that all effect should be fixed. EMA generally accepts a mixed model, but may ask for recalculation in borderline cases (e.g., extreme imbalance, CI close to the AR). Sometimes assessors ask for recalculation even if the CI was very narrow and the PE was close to 1. Happened to me once. The Q&A specifically mentions SAS’ Proc GLM, not Proc Mixed.

❝ I don't remember lme() right now,…

In lme() it should be possible to specify all effects fixed. Actually the random effect(s) are optional. If is doesn’t work, lm() should do.

❝ Does EMA imply that we should use lm() to analyze replicate crossover dataset?:confused:

No. Both the FDA and the EMA do not mandate any software or routine within. Quote from the Q&A:

SAS (version 9.1, SAS Institute Inc, NC) was used in the previous computations. Results obtained by alternative, validated statistical programs are also acceptable except spread­sheets because outputs of spread­sheets are not suitable for secondary assessment.

❝ You should try to get funded from EMA or FDA for these projects. These are really great projects, indeed.

Gimme a break. I’m a lousy R-coder. Agencies want to get results from validated software. They don’t pay for its development.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,665 registered users;
88 visitors (0 registered, 88 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:49 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5