Manufacturer’s PK data (inves­tigator’s brochure) [Design Issues]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2015-04-02 16:05 (3283 d 20:49 ago) – Posting: # 14657
Views: 13,240

Hi Mittyri & Mauricio,

❝ I would suggest that it isn't high according to this article (there is a link to the internal data where bioequivalence was showed with 12 subjects only, although in the year 1992 :-D)

I don’t think that this was a BE-study at all. Smells of PK-modeling:

The pharmacokinetics of levocloperastine and racemic DL-cloperastine were comparable in a single-dose, crossover study in 12 healthy volunteers (six males and six females). After administration of 10 ml of oral suspension containing levocloperastine fendizoate 70.8 mg (corresponding to 40 mg of the chlorhydrate salt and 36 mg of the active prin­ciple) or the same amount of racemic levocloperastine, peak plasma concentrations of 10 μg/L were reached 2 to 4 hours after administration, with a lag-time of approximately 45 minutes before detection of the drug in the bloodstream, suggesting a gradual and pro­tracted absorption from the intestine. A two-compartmental model with absorption phase, corresponding to a tri-exponential concentration-time profile, best describes the pharmacokinetics of levocloperastine. The half-lives of levocloperastine and DL-clo­per­astine were, respectively, 0.80 and 0.86 h (distribution half-life), 1.68 and 2.16 h (eli­mi­nation half-life), and 6.58 and 6.95 h (terminal elimination half-life).

Their terminology is odd. I would rather say: 0.80/0.86 h (absorption t½), 1.68/2.16 h (dis­tri­bution t½), and 6.58/6.95 h (elimination t½).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
119 visitors (0 registered, 119 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:55 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5