Scaling of Cmin [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2014-12-10 19:40 (3423 d 11:38 ago) – Posting: # 14051
Views: 13,391

Dear Dan,

I think that your example is a fully replicate design (i.e., RRTT|TTRR) indeed. Just substitute drug1 with R and drug2 with T and you’ll get the first of the two sequences from above. Of course you have to modify the code given in EMA’s Q&A (for RTRT|TRTR) accordingly. But that’s an easy task.
This concept would work for all PK metrics. Coming back to the subject line (and which was discussed in Bonn): Scaling only Cmin without the need of sampling four full profiles.

treatment dose
    R       1
    R       …
    R       n profile
    T       1
    T       …
    T       n profile

On profile days you have two values of Cmin. One prior to dosing and another one at τ. Now the stats become interesting. You would need to introduce an additional code (e.g., “replicate”) to distinguish these two values because they are sampled from the same period(s). I’m working on it. EMA’s preference of an all-fixed model is nasty. My current setup is: Sequence+Subject(Sequence)+Treatment+Replicate+Treatment(Replicate)+Period

PS @Anders: Sorry for the nesting. I know, I know.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
108 visitors (1 registered, 107 guests [including 1 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:18 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5