Ethics? [BE/BA News]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2014-12-05 23:54 (3428 d 01:54 ago) – Posting: # 13992
Views: 19,522

Hi nobody,

❝ Is it "only" about ECG data or is there more? I didn't follow this case closely.

Yep. I can send you sumfink.

❝ I remember one CRO in the Ranbaxy case, but is there some kind of overview on notorious CRO for such stuff?

Not that I recall. BTW, some European member states started to suspend MAs; the BfArM is one of them (#1, #2).

Ethics? C’mon!*

None of the 50 HVs [Healthy Volunteers] knew anything about the study in which they were participating. It was surprising that even the volunteers who were gradu­ates did not remember any of the details of the trial (the name or purpose of the study). They only remembered that blood would be drawn from them, that they may develop rashes or a headache, and that they should report any other symp­toms that crop up. They were quite confident that the doctors and the facilities available would suffice to deal with any health risk they might encounter in the course of the trial. Several HVs said that participating in these studies was like an alternative profes­sion for them.

During the ICF session it was noted that the volunteers were more concerned about the issue of payment than their health. The amount mentioned or agreed upon in the protocol document does not match the amount paid to the volun­teers. While the ethics committee laid down that the HVs are paid Rs 2500, the VMT [voluntary mobilisation team] coordinators promised Rs 5000, but the HVs demanded Rs 10,000. It was finally negotiated that the HVs would be paid Rs 8200 for seven days, in addition to allowance for travel, accommodation and food.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
109 visitors (0 registered, 109 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:49 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5