Yes, however... [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2014-10-30 09:59 (3459 d 01:56 ago) – Posting: # 13815
Views: 7,838

Hi Jerry,

❝ In the above quote, is it statistically valid to establish ANOVA using drugs A and B only (as if done like a 2-way 2-seq crossover) in stage 1 (Potvin Method C) even though the study was done on a 3-way 6-seq crossover (Williams design) with drugs A, B and C? (asssuming the protocol specifically states that sequential BE shall be done on drugs A and B only; drug C shall be done for descriptive statistics determination only). Also, may I ask what specific EMA guideline mentioned the above approach so I could explore the topic further. I know a lot of discussion has already been poured on sequential BE, but I couldn't find a specific answer to my query. Many thanks in advance!

Yes, I would assume you can actually do that across some of the EU agencies.
But how could you ever be in a situation where you'd wish to study a third product descriptively in a form of BE trial? Not sure I get everything here, and if you are asked how this approach influences the type I error do you have a good answer prepared?

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,661 registered users;
77 visitors (0 registered, 77 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:55 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5