Imputation and BE/TE [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2014-04-07 14:14 (3665 d 21:09 ago) – Posting: # 12785
Views: 12,165

Hi Pash,

❝ (...) the firm has used the method of Imputation for same molecule (MESALAMINE) which was well accepted by FDA.

❝ We would like to understand the applicability and scope of such statistical methodology.

As I see it, imputation has never really been widely used when it comes to proofs of bioequivalence (or ther. eq. / EMA). The only exception I can think of from the top of my head is the quite naïve LLOQ/2 for BLQ PK data (and I am not a fan, by the way).

Imputation is sometimes used by originator firms when they do their proofs of efficacy or safety. EMA was toying with guidance in the area some years ago. Quite controversial, really, and my impression was that it was mainly intended for longitudinal data.
I could be completely wrong but the idea of imputation as a way to save your BE study does not strike me as particularly useful; if you treat all your 'cases' in a similar fashion then you might simply be biasing the dataset towards bioequivalence.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,658 registered users;
94 visitors (0 registered, 94 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:24 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5