Qualitative analysis of the ANOVA resid­u­als [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2014-02-19 21:40 (3689 d 21:57 ago) – Posting: # 12458
Views: 19,973

Hi Lucas,

❝ I don't know if I'm thinking too "statistically", but that wouldn't be very subjective? One can look and think that there are outliers and other can think that there aren't and both would not be wrong, since there is no criteria.

You're right, there is some degree of subjectivity in my proposal. I will argue that this is the case for many if not most qualitative assessments, like for instance a CoA for a injectable where you have a spec like "A colorless or slightly yellowish liquid".

❝ Anyway, your's is a good way to attend to that requirement from the sponsor, but IMHO a qualitative analysis for the residuals would not add any value to the study, from a regulatory perspective. Am I wrong?

You're right, at least per principle. Regulatory decisions are as far as I know not based on residuals or their distributions in any territory. However, regulators may ask for anything they like ("Please submit all chromatograms for QCs and calibrators injected during validation, maintenance records from 2009-2011 for freezer ZX/Y353, and the phone number of the hot brunette from I.P. who attended the last pre-submission meeting" etc), and they may ultimately use that additional information against you as they please.
No idea why a sponsor would ask you to do this, other than if some newly hired numbercruncher wants to impress her/his boss by asking something that sounds complicated. If Helmut's figure above applies to you data then just submit that, tell the sponsor you think this looks reasonably normal (as in Gaussian) without the presence of definitively aberrant values (you will deliberately not use the term outliers).

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
78 visitors (0 registered, 78 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:38 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5