estimated AUC72 [NCA / SHAM]

posted by jag009  – NJ, 2013-10-15 23:53 (3844 d 15:34 ago) – Posting: # 11667
Views: 9,732

Hi,

❝ Situation 1: Situation somewhat similar to yours, where samples were collected up to 36 hrs post dose, but for some of the subjects AUCt could be calculated only up to 8 hrs, for some of the subjects it was up to 16 hrs and for some of the subjects up to 36 hrs.

My opinions (based on what I could gather from your description and the 2nd graph you posted in pre. posting):
  1. You meant you had subjects with AUCt up to 36 hrs for treatment A and AUCt only up to 8 hrs for treatment B (And the AUCt values are very different?)? Differences in t1/2 values? What is the pharm/PK property of the molecule? My crystal ball says the molecule may have auto-induction property such that it "enhances" the metabolism enzyme -> If you do a crossover study then you are cooked because the first period treatment would influence the metabolism capability such that the bioavailability of the 2nd period treatment would get reduced. I faced this issue a while back.

2. Or you meant some subjects had only AUCt upto 8 hrs for both T and R while some subjects had AUCt upto 36 hrs for both T and R? If so, it's just the variability of the drug. If it's a BE study then what's the issue since we are interested in intra-subject comparison.

One question, how's the solubility and permeability of the drug molecule?

❝ Query 2: Since extrapolation is more than 20% how do we justify such situation?

Like Dr_Dan said "How did you compute AUCinf?"? If I recall correctly it is possible to throw out/conclude AUCinf as "not defined" due to ridiculous half-life value. How different were the t1/2 values for this 20% extrapolation data?

Thanks

John

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,653 registered users;
104 visitors (0 registered, 104 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:28 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5